About the A5 Volleyball Club
A5 Volleyball Club was formed in 2004 as a 501-C (3) non-profit corporation by a group of dedicated men and women who saw the opportunity to create a different club experience in Georgia, and in so doing raise the level of the sport throughout the South. These individuals - A5 plank holders - have left their legacy on the sport, and past, present and future A5 athletes are forever in their debt: Bob Westbrook, Phil Bush, Jeff Choe, Erica Miller, Bayne Tippins and Dale Smith.
The "A" in our name stands for Atlanta, and 5 refers to our five core values, or the "5 C's":
1. Character Driven: We focus on key character traits that help define a person as he or she grows, including: integrity, intensity, teamwork, leadership, discipline, courage and sportsmanship.
2. Consistent Coaching: We offer a club environment where coaching is consistent from the first time a player enters a gym at the age of 8 through when he or she graduates from high school. This club insists on uniformity throughout the coaching process and mandatory coaching clinics for all head coaches and assistant coaches. Our coaching staff will continue to update themselves on the most current techniques and strategies used by top coaches in the game, and Master Coaches will be responsible for leading many of the practices and mentoring newer coaches and assistant coaches.
3. Community Involvement: All of our teams are encouraged to give back to the community by undertaking a community service project that may or may not have anything to do with volleyball.
4. Communication: Open and Honest: We practice an "Open Book" financial policy where every parent will have the right at any time to see and understand the financials for their athlete's particular team and the club as a whole.
5. Club Unity and Organization: We aspire to run a well organized club, including tryouts, practices, tournaments, social events and overall administration.
We know that the minute our organization focuses just on volleyball is the day that we begin a slide toward mediocrity. We take our mission statement - "Teaching Life Lessons Through the Sport of Volleyball" - seriously and will always emphasize hard work, sportsmanship, teamwork, honor, character development and doing the right thing over "W's and L's", for we know that if we focus on imparting those important life skills to our athletes, winning will take care of itself.