2019-2020 Cost Structure
With tryouts approaching, we are frequently asked about the cost of playing for our club. In an effort to be open, communicative and transparent, we will summarize the cost of playing for A5 here on our website. We cover this information in the informational meetings in detail.
Our presented fees are an all-in number. Included are uniforms, tournament registration, coach and player lodging, coaching salaries, gym space, insurance, membership fees, and additional costs associated with running the club. We express the all-in fees as a range for each age group below: a unique cost based on their tournament schedule. For example, the 14-1 team will be on the highest end of the range, where the 14-5 team will be on the lowest end.
The only exception to the presented fees below is if your athlete is on a team that flies to a tournament. The flight costs are a separate number to the all-in fee, and occur on all of our teams 16 and up, with a few exceptions. Please keep in mind that we are the only club in the country to have a group booking arrangement with airlines, ensuring we get the best possible costs for flights, saving families time and money. Additional information about flight costs for specific teams can be found by inquiring through the "contact us" link on the website, or calling into the office.
When reviewing the cost of playing for our club it is important to remember several things:
- It has never been a goal of ours for A5 to be the low-cost service provider. Certainly there are cheaper alternatives available if cost is your only consideration.
- Since we are a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, every nickel that comes in to our club is deployed to the benefit of our members. We have no profit motive.
- As the #2 ranked volleyball club in the United States, we feel that A5’s true competitive market is among the other elite clubs throughout the nation. Accordingly, we build our tournament schedule and team budgets with those competitive parameters in mind.
- That said, we know that it is expensive to play club volleyball. It is important for us to aggressively control costs wherever possible, and to remain cognizant of how the cost of playing for A5 compares to the cost of playing for other local clubs.
- Lastly, it is important to note that many of A5’s teams train through and compete in the AAU National Championships in June, which is included in the upfront team costs presented herein. This includes approximately 8 weeks of additional training over teams that end the season at SRVA Regionals. These are: every A5 team aged 15s-17s, as well as the 11-1, 12-1, 12-2, 13-1, 13-2, 14-1 and 14-2 teams. A few local clubs have begun to imitate us in this regard; just make sure that you are comparing training seasons of similar length when you compare cost from team to team.
|12U (except 12-1)||$1,600-$2,100|
|13U||$2,900-$4,100 (including 12-1)|