Cost Structure for 2023-2024 Season
With tryouts approaching, we are frequently asked about the cost of playing for our club. In an effort to be open, communicative, and transparent, we will summarize the cost of playing for A5 here on our website. We cover these costs in our A5 club information meeting in more detail.
Our presented fees are an all-in number. Included are tournament registration, coach travel, coach and player lodging, coaching salaries, gym space, insurance, USAV and/or AAU membership fees, and additional costs associated with running the club. We express the all-in fees as a range for each age group below: a unique cost based on their tournament schedule. For example, our 14-1 team will be on the highest end of the range, where our 14-6 team will be on the lowest end.
There is only one exception to the presented fees below: the cost of uniforms. Because uniform packages are individualized, the numbers very, typically by age. Total uniform costs will be available at tryouts.
**All numbers below are tentative until final schedules are complete**
When reviewing the cost of playing for our club it is important to remember several things:
- NEW: A deposit to secure your spot on the team will be required on the day of tryouts. The deposit goes toward your first payment for the club season.
- Parents are responsible for their athlete's travel to all events. This is an effort by A5 to allow families to make their own decisions on travel via cost effective means.
- A5 will handle all player hotel arrangements for teams 14 and up (players stay together). For athlete's 13 and below, A5 provides blocked hotel rooms (players stay with parents).
- Teams in the 18s age group have a shorter season which is reflected in the costs.
- It has never been a goal of ours for A5 to be the low-cost service provider. There are certainly less expensive alternatives available if cost is your only consideration.
- As the #1 ranked club in the United States, we feel that A5’s true competitive market is among the other elite clubs throughout the nation. Accordingly, we build our tournament schedule and team budgets with those competitive parameters in mind, particularly our older, more advanced teams.
- We know that it is expensive to play club volleyball. It is important for us to aggressively control costs wherever possible and to remain aware of how the cost of playing for A5 compares to the cost of playing for other local clubs. Due to this, we often find our fees are less than our geographic competitors when an apples to apples comparison is reached.
- It is important to note that many of A5’s teams train through and compete in the AAU National Championships in June, which is included in the up-front team costs presented below. This includes approximately 8 weeks of additional training over other local clubs that end the season in April at SRVA Regionals. Our teams with extended post-seasons are: every A5 team aged 15s-17s, as well as the 11-1, 12-1, 12-2, 13-1, 13-2, 13-3, 14-1, 14-2, 14-3, 14-4, and 14-5 teams. A few local clubs have begun to imitate us in this regard; just make sure that you are comparing training seasons of similar length when you compare cost from club to club. *USAV Nationals not included.
2023-2024 Team Costs
|10U||$2100 - $2400|
|11U (except 11-1)||$2100 - $2400|
|12U (except 12-1, 12-2)||$2300 - $2500|
|12-1, 12-2, 11-1||$4500 - $4700 (includes extended post-season)|
|13U||$3000 - $5000|
|14U||$3500 - $6000|
|15U||$5000 - $6900|
|16U||$5400 - $6900|
|17U||$5700 - $6700|
|18U||$5300 - $6000|