Tryout info for the 2023-24 season!
A5 Beach Informational Meeting - ACCESS HERE.
Tryouts were held July 25 & 26th - If you were not able to make tryouts Makeup Tryouts will be held October 1st and November 12th. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
WHAT TO BRING TO TRYOUTS:
At tryouts, you will need to bring a copy of the USAV Medical Form filled out. You will also need to pre-register with the SRVA region. Wear athletic clothes to train in - bring sunglasses, sunscreen and plenty of water as no water is provided at the facility.
College Prep Program
The College Prep/National Program is designed for the athlete looking to commit to a training program geared to help them to play at the next level!
Who should try out for College Prep?
- An athlete who wants to play in college and is devoted to being developed as a player.
- Will commit to stay the ENTIRE beach volleyball season, as well as all practices and required tournaments.
- Will consistently commit to practices/tournaments/training/college prep league scrimmages and view the commitment with a team approach.
- Understands that there is clear and measurable baseline for entry onto the College Prep team using a 5 point metrics system (speed, strength, passing, setting, etc.) - these will be measured at tryouts. Baseline marks MUST be met in order to make the team.
College Prep Year Round Cost: $4100 ($4000 when paid in full upfront) Please CLICK HERE for cost breakdown and more details.
Space on the College Prep roster is LIMITED for each age division.
Competitive Regional Program
The Competitive Regional Program is designed for the athlete who loves beach volleyball and wants to train & compete, but is not able/ready to commit to the training schedule of College Prep OR is not looking to compete at the Collegiate Level.
Who should try out for the Competitive Regional Program?
- An athlete who loves playing beach volleyball, is coachable and wants to develop as a player.
- An athlete who wants to improve their skills at a competitive level, but is NOT planning on playing in college or wanting to get involved in the recruiting process.
- Will consistently commit to practices/tournaments during beach volleyball season and view the commitment as a “team approach”
- Interested in participating in our competitive regional scrimmages on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.
- Understands that there is not a baseline entry-level skill requirement, players will be placed on teams with similar skill levels and coached “up” for improvement.
- No mandatory tournaments throughout the year
We do not plan to make cuts for the Regional program, however, will need to if program capacity is reached.
Tryout Schedule 2023-24
BEACH (All Ages) (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR BEACH)
All athletes need to register for tryouts to compete in the 2023-24 year-round season.
Dates: October 1st & November 12th, 2023
Time: 14U 3:30-5:30pm - 16U/18U 6:00pm-8:00pm
Location: Fetch Park (Alpharetta, GA)
Tryouts are for U12-U18 athletes. Selections are for the College Prep/National or Competitive Regional programs (criteria outlined above).
Cuts will be made for the College Prep Program based on metrics and criteria outlined for the program. We do not plan to make cuts for the Regional program, however will need to if capacity is reached.