November 27, 2018 -
30 A5 Alumnae Dancin'
30 of our alumnae are making big-time contributions to teams that have consequently earned a bid to the Division I, II or III NCAA National Championship Tournaments. The DIII Tournament is complete; DII underway, and DI commences this weekend. Congrats to the following and best wishes for a deep run at the Big Dance:
- Caroline Welsh, (3rd-seeded) Illinois
- Gabby Curry, (10th-seeded) Kentucky
- Jesse Bartholomew, Duke
- Summer Brown, Duke
- Betsy (Smith) Freeburg, Assistant Coach, Samford
- Deja Williams, Florida State
- Riley Fischer, Florida
- Shardonee Hayes, Arizona
- Erin Williamson, Arizona
- Alyssa Munlyn, Missouri
- Amber MacDonald, Wisconsin
- Katie Doering, High Point
- Mia Stander, Louisville
- Maggie Rick, Florida Gulf Coast
- Marcelle Butler, Howard
- Lauren Talele - Georgia College
- Jordyn Moellering - Georgia College
- Makenzie Perry - Georgia College
- Emma Boughner - Georgia College
- Nicole Cohen - Georgia College
- Libby Bochniak - Georgia College
- Taylor Svehla - Georgia College
- Emily Pope - Georgia College
- Savanna Gonzales - Augusta
- Lisa Goodwin - Assistant Coach, Tampa
- Brianna Jones - Assistant Coach - Emory - National Champions
- Jessica Holler - Assistant Coach - Emory - National Champions
- Sarah Porter - Emory - National Champion
- Laura Beier - Berry
- Leila King - Wash U
Congrats to all, and best wishes for success to those still dancing.
A5 Coach Brianna Jones' National Championship is her Third
We were pleased to learn that Brianna Jones has become the first member of A5 to win three National Championships. (....at least she is the first to the best of this writer's knowledge.) Bri served as Assistant Coach to A5 16 Scott in 2018, winning an AAU National Championship in the 16 Premier Division as well as a USA Volleyball National Championship in the National Division.
Brianna has since added to her laurels by helping lead Emory, where she is an Assistant Coach, to an NCAA Championship (DIII). Other A5 alumnae who helped in this magnificent achievement are Jessica Holler (Assistant Coach) and Sarah Porter (setter).
Congrats, ladies (and especially to you, Head Coach Jenny McDowell)! We love to see our alumnae excelling in the sport of volleyball and in the Game of Life as well.