Basket Raffle Promises to be the Best Ever
April 18, 2013 -
Many thanks to basket raffle chair GA5's Monique Thomas, along with Club Reps Jodie Fowler (GA5), Mike Mauer (A5 South) and Patty Mahayag (A5) for getting our signature fund-raising effort off to a great start. The Basket Raffle and the Financial Aid that it enables are among the most rewarding initiatives that we've undertaken since A5's formation in 2005.
The benefits are two-fold:
- This is the primary fund-raiser for the Bardis Volleyball Education Fund--a fund to help enable girls to play for one of the A5 Clubs even if the cost is out of reach for their families. Last year we were able to help 20 girls play for our organization. To date 100% of those who have received financial help to play for us who have graduated from High School have leveraged their volleyball experience into a college scholarship. It is important to note that financial aid is 100% need-based and has nothing to do with athletic ability. Those who have received aid in the past span all age spectrums as well as teams ("1" team, "2" team, etc.)
- Secondly, the Basket Raffle is the most significant and effective fund-raising mechanism that we make available to families for the purpose of applying proceeds to your personal accounts. By way of reminder:
- 25% of gross sales up to $1000 will be applied to the individual player's account ($20 minimum). If your account is paid in full, you can apply the credit to next year or we will cut you a check.
- 50% of gross sales beyond $1000 will be applied to the player's account.
- The tickets are 1 for $5.00 or 5 for $20.00
- Ideally we would like for checks to be made out to the seller and then cashed to turn in with stubs.
- Ticket sales to be credited to player's account must be turned in by April 19. Ticket sales will continue until the All Club Banquet with all the proceeds going directly to Hi5
- Please sell tickets in sequential order and remember to fill out the stub completely.
- Participation is not mandatory, but strongly encouraged. We would hope that each athlete would sell a minimum of $120 worth of tickets. If a family is not participating, tickets must be returned.
- Questions, comments, concerns? Contact Monique Thomas 678-978-2128 or email@example.com